Friday, May 31, 2013

I'm Back!

Yea, life gets in the way.  It seems that in April, all my design time was devoted to getting my May Scrap Girls Club ready. 

Mayfair Collection Biggie
Part of the May Scrap Girls Club

I must have really worked my computer hard designing the club, because she started limping hard afterward.  She slowed to a near screeching halt.  I would give her a command in Photoshop, and sometimes I'd have to wait nearly a minute, watching that spinny blue circle, for her to come through.  Something had to be done.  

I had a new collection in the works, and I was trying to wait until I was finished before I did anything drastic.  But it got to where I just couldn't work like that any longer.  I cried "uncle" and decided to do a complete system restore.  I did backups of my backups, documented all my software registration keys, and made sure I had my program installation files ready to re-install.  That done, I held my breath and hit F11.  

All went smoothly.  I was excited to have a fresh new machine again.  Then the heart attack when the beast would not read my 3 TB EHD.  Would I really have to download my backup from cloud storage - oh the horror!  It turns out that another computer on our network - the trusty old XP machine - recognized the EHD.  I was able to recover my files over our home network.

Now I could really work again!  And finally, I finished that collection I started nearly a month ago.  It's in the Scrap Girls boutique now! 



I hope you enjoy it!

No comments: