Friday, August 16, 2013

New Puppy!

We have a new puppy - and we are so happy!  This cute little bundle of joy's name is Pippin. He's an F1 Labradoodle (Lab mommy and Poodle daddy), and he's got a beautifully sweet temperament. He demands a lot of attention, but he also gets more than he demands!  He likes to sleep under my desk chair - and it's hard just to keep from staring at him while he's sleeping.  Consequently, I haven't gotten much designing work done.

I've taken lots of photos of him, and I've been spending my design time making layouts rather than working on my current project.  Oh, well - they're only young once, right?  Here's an example of what I've been doing:





 When I posted this layout in the Scrap Girls Gallery, the positive response overwhelmed me!  So many members loved not only the puppy, but the composition of the layout.  The response gave me the idea to create a template from the layout, to make it easy to duplicate.  I added a couple more templates from among my favorites with a similar style.  The layout template set is available in the Scrap Girls Boutique now!

ScrapSimple Digital Layout Templates: Stacked Strips 1  

The set includes both 12x12 and 8.5x11 sizes.  Here's a brand new layout using one of the templates, featuring my beautiful Mom!





I hope you will enjoy these templates.  You may notice that I called this set "Stacked Strips 1."  If you love the look of stacked paper strips in your layouts, watch for more.  This is just the first in a series!

No comments: